[lbo-talk] Who knew? John McCain on disability, gets checks

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Jun 12 16:01:25 PDT 2008

i think there's a distinction to be made here. "Good" according to a Liberal in the u.s. is most definitely not the same thing as "Good" according to someone who uses a class analysis to understand the operations of power in society. As Carrol pointed out, "good" for a Liberal is fighting the terrorists good 'n' proper. "Good" is giving up in Iraq and focusing our energies on the *real* terr'ists. It is, as he said, dancing with the enemy.

to explain why it's desirable cannot be done without reference to why it is a left position. It doesn't follow that there is only one left position, obviously.

shag