[lbo-talk] the problem with Webb

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 15:21:08 PDT 2008

--- shag <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

I live in Webb's state
> and the people who
> live here mock rednecks, white trash, etc -- and I
> don't live in Northern
> VA, either!

As they did where I grew up in West Virginia. However, white trash was not applied broadly to everybody who was white,poor and lived in a trailer home (or worse). It was a term reserved more for what most LBOers might call the white "lumpen proleteriat"
:) That's the difference...at least, where I grew up.

BTW, where in Virginia do you live?

-Thomas

Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

-WB Yeats