[lbo-talk] Who knew? John McCain on disability, gets checks

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 18:04:16 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:23 AM, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Te Nuremberg Principles said soldiers had not a
> right, but a duty, to actively resist illegal wars.

Do you share every assumption of bourgeois "criminal justice" ideology, or only those affecting military service? And if the latter, why?

> It'd be nice if we at least tried to
> *pretend* we lived in a democratic republic sometimes,
> where the army were the servants -- who, you know,
> "sacrifice" for others -- of the civilians, who should
> be the ones put heroically on the pedestals that now
> seem reserved for folks in uniform.

As long as the civilian population acquiesces to the current direction of American foreign policy, I say to McCain, and every other service member or veteran: "Soak 'em. Take 'em for all they're worth, whether in deference or cold, hard cash."

> McCain, by the way, can go fuck himself. On a
> personal, id-like level, I don't think the man
> deserves a goddamn thing, let alone...socialized medicine
> from his birth (which was in Panama)

Why not? And what's the significance of McCain's birth in Panama?