[lbo-talk] the problem with Webb

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Fri Jun 13 19:11:36 PDT 2008

>But he's also writes articles like this that are very
>far to the left of DP orthodoxy:
>
>http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110009246

Orthodox or not, I find that, and what I know of Webb, pretty creepy. Sounds like a pretty flee-floating populism to me, as easily attached to "illegal immigrants" (which Webb name-checks in that article) as to the wealthy or elites.

And Just's squishiness aside, resentment is still a pretty poor and dangerous foundation for politics, based on and tied to a reaction as it it. If you don't believe me, ask Mink Snopes.