[lbo-talk] Who knew? John McCain on disability, gets checks

Avery Ray Colter elf-cat at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 13 21:19:08 PDT 2008

>Joanna (or anyone)--
>
>What's your take on someone of John McCain's means
>(and, well, abilities) receiving disability checks to
>the tune of $58,358 per year? Especially when his
>wife, the Anheuser-Busch/Budweiser heiress, makes
>hundreds of millions, they have 8 houses, etc.?

Call me crazy, but at least it's not corporate money. I think any actions of his which has allowed the continued amassing of millions and billions without proper taxation by his beneficiaties, including his wife, are more important targets than a compensation he is getting due to having been tortured, a fate I would hope none of us would wish even on our adversaries.

-- Avery Colter, <mailto:elf-cat at sbcglobal.net> <http://www.elfcat.net>

This message has been brought to you by Randy's Radiator-Fried Roadkill Sandwiches.