[lbo-talk] Alternet picks up Canadian anti-beauty rant

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 09:12:49 PDT 2008

Doug posted this from Alternet's Cranky von RantyPants:

I thought I had resigned myself to the relentless onslaught of porn infecting every aspect of life, from the skank-wear on the streets, to gratuitous nudity in advertising, to the sitcoms where gags about handcuffs, anal sex, and blow jobs make me want to, well, gag.

[...]

Which prompted Shag to ask:

does anyone know which sitcoms she's talking about?

I'm pretty sure she's talking about ABC's newest sitcom, "Lazy and Slovenly Husband Paired With Hot Overachieving Wife Mismatch Couple Comedy Number 25".

Here's a script excerpt which might explain von RantyPants' concerns:

SCENE: Kitchen.

HOT WIFE accidentally gets whipped cream on her finger and slowly, suggestively licks it off. SLOVENLY HUSBAND walks in.

SLOVENLY HUSBAND (after obvious pause): That reminds me, have you seen my new underwear?

LAUGH TRACK.

.d.