[lbo-talk] Who knew? John McCain on disability, gets checks

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Jun 14 11:09:25 PDT 2008

Marvin writes:

> I asked it as an "aside" in a post devoted almost entirely to
> the US aggression in Vietnam. McCain was an agent of that
> aggression - a proud and unrepentent one, as we know.

Yes, as we know. That is: the only thing new in your post was the suggestion that his torture required being 'fully investigated' ... so you'll forgive me if I responded to the new information and not the old.

Since you're too lazy to look it up, you're going to just have to take my word for it; John McCain's story has been thoroughly investigated, documented, vetted, corroborated, etc. The investigations and publicity surrounding his story have been out there for you to read and decide for yourself whether there's something there that needs to be 'thoroughly investigated' or not.

FWIW, I think this question is completely separate from the one you seem to be digging into: whether enduring 5+ years of captivity, abuse and some torture makes him somehow 'qualified' to be POTUS; I have no opinion on that question.

/jordan