[lbo-talk] Who knew? John McCain on disability, gets checks

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jun 16 16:46:15 PDT 2008

moominek at aol.com wrote:

> No, Carrol. It is of no importance for the legal status of a combatant - and this way to the right to be treatened as a POW -if there has been a declaration of ware ore not. The only important questions are: Is there a armed conflict and?do the?soldiers fullfill the?traditional conditions:??
> The Qualifications of Belligerents Article 1.

You are right of course. I was mostly just giving expression to the same irritation and frustration that Bruce Franlik expresses in the dedication of his book, M.I.A., or Mythmaking in America: "For all those who have been trying for decades to stop this war." One of the great crimes of the century and for most Americans it is still, at best, "controversial."

Carrol