[lbo-talk] Chuck's Cassirer posts

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 07:19:18 PDT 2008

--- On Wed, 6/18/08, shag <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> I wasn't addressing you, but chuck. sorry. as for the
> statement in
> parentheses, that's what i was saying a social
> constructionist would say
> .... which wouldn't be surprising considering your
> interest in, who was
> it?, Heidegger?

Yes, my never-completed dissertation was on Heidegger. Is it that obvious? :)

> Maybe I misunderstand, but aren't you now saying that
> you can access what
> nature is like, unmediated by any framework. how do you
> know that this
> fuzziness is what nature is like?

By "nature" I mean "things we experience." Experience IS ordered, at the very bare minimum in that it takes place in space and in a temporal sequence (those Kant things), but beyond that there is a lot of flexibility. (And how even apace and time are understood is going to depend on the cultural viewpoint/personal understanding/even mood of the person doing the experiencing.)