[lbo-talk] Chuck's Cassirer posts

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jun 19 10:34:12 PDT 2008

Any physical relationship may be expressed mathematically. That is one acievement of Descartes that has never been rejected. Why is a mere tautology weird? Stephen Gould had lots of fun finding utterly irrelevant relationshis which could never the less be expressed in elegant mathematical terms. His fun was in laughing at those who found such relationships weird.

Carrol