[lbo-talk] Chuck's Cassirer posts

(Chuck Grimes) cgrimes at rawbw.COM
Thu Jun 19 19:40:17 PDT 2008

``Notice the difference between your two examples...Your music example tests theory with practice (with instruments)...Your physics example remains theoretical...'' CB

---------

No. I just didn't give an example of common cross cultural practice. The working example of the practical sense of gravity is found in building and architecture. Almost all cultures use some form of dwelling with often unique or characteristic forms. Most of them depend on gravitation force to hold them together or anchor them to the ground, and various engineering principles to get the root up. So people learn a lot of the basic mechanical principles as they build. In my mind, that's learning how gravity works, without knowing anything about its theory...

CG