[lbo-talk] Tim Russert's funeral

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Fri Jun 20 07:33:07 PDT 2008

At Tim Russert's funeral, his son held center stage, to rave reviews from the pundits (aka "journalists"). He had already been omnipresent on TV making remakrs he had to have practiced in front of a mirror. Maybe the first time a funeral oration was used as a resume builder. I was wondering if young Russert used the same ghostwriter for his remarks as his dad did for his books.

It was interesting too that the women in the family were nonentities. We heard endlessy about Russert's dad, "Big Russ," who is still alive but nothing about mom whom Russert is now presumably with in heaven. And Russert's wife was in the shadows too. I hope she was embarrassed to see her son so shamelessly auditioning.

Michael Yates