[lbo-talk] Chuck's Cassirer posts

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Jun 20 08:46:48 PDT 2008

this is way out of my technical competence, but I was wondering: is there anything that is determined (too strong a word, but ...) by the octave thingaroo you're discussing? IOW, given what is apparently a universal somethingorother about music, does it actually matter to anything for which we are often seeking answers, having debates, etc. etc.

aside: in the latest New Yorker, there's an article about an installation in Alaska that is set up to project sounds for things happening on earth such as volcanoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tides, as well as with the sun, moon, planets, stars.

Some people go, listen, and leave rather terrified/apalled.