[lbo-talk] Butler

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jun 21 10:09:02 PDT 2008

I'm just getting around to reading most of the posts in the Butler thread, and have come to this post (from JUne 4):

shag wrote:

> The social constructionist position is pretty simple (but mind, Butler is
> +criticizing_ social con here

[I've been getting irritated as hell at the bad manners of the thread -- by bad manners meaning a tendency to not identify quotations, to mix one's own text indissoluably from quoted text, from quoting whole posts when only responding to a few lines, etc._

Now, shag, Where in the hell is "here" in the sentence above? You make no fucking sense.

Carrol