[lbo-talk] mac xp bsd help

(Chuck Grimes) cgrimes at rawbw.COM
Sat Jun 21 18:56:12 PDT 2008

> Re: OSX and Safari...
>

> Safari is indeed the native browser for OSX. There are many possible
> causes for the trouble it's giving you. I suggest spending time with
> the following:

I must need an early drink on this. I've been through so much sysadmit bullshit that I forgot simple things like close the application after you re- configure it, and then re-open it. Voila! So Safari now works.

Pissing around with the email account, I can see my friend is setup as the user, and looks to me like I will have to re-configure the primary user account (i.e. root privilaged) to reset email so it goes to my server. I can do this via Safari by changing the internet connection phone number, password, and so forth. But the box for new accounts in the default emailer doesn't allow changing the server settings.

Thanks for the suggestions. More later...

CG