[lbo-talk] Kinky Friedman luvs Bill O'R

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 23 09:36:49 PDT 2008

[via Romenesko]

Kinky Friedman has a "beautiful friendship" with O'Reilly Texas Monthly <http://www.texasmonthly.com/2008-07-01/friedman.php>

"For my money, in spite of his sometimes obnoxious style, Bill [O'Reilly] is one of the two best interviewers on TV today," writes Kinky Friedman. "The job of a journalist is not to be totally, antiseptically objective; it involves the sacred task of getting at the truth. When you're dealing with politics and politicians, this can be a tedious and daunting endeavor. My heart has always been with the truth-seekers and the truth-tellers and the people with good BS meters. I believe Bill scores highly in all these categories."