[lbo-talk] religion in the US

WD mister.wd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 05:53:27 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 3:46 AM, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> According to that Pew Survey Doug posted, Mormons are
> actually a little nuttier:
>
> "Only among Mormons (57%) and Jehovah's Witnesses
> (80%) do majorities say that their own religion is the
> one true faith leading to eternal life.

First, believing in eternal life is nutty to begin with; so what makes it so much nuttier to believe that your revealed religion is the only path to it?

Second, it's more complicated than Mormons thinking everyone else is going to hell -- that's why they practice posthumous baptism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_for_the_dead . They talk about it in the Frontline episode I posted. I'm not sure about JWs.

-WD