[lbo-talk] Really Mr. Icahn??? Corporate Democracy is a Myth??? What a Revelation.......!!!!

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Tue Jun 24 09:38:22 PDT 2008

An interesting form of democracy he is promoting there, where more money literally buys you more votes...

I know this logic is nothing new, it just amazes me anew every time that someone tries to promote it with a straight face. I train myself to remain willfully naïve. It takes a lot of effort, believe me.

-----Original Message----- From: On Behalf Of B.

Of course, Icahn has been saying this for a long time.

In July, 2002, he basically quoted Alex Brady (_Business as a System of Power_) and stated, "[W]hat I've been saying for years is, for the most part, there is no real democracy in corporate America. until you have democracy, you're going to have corruption..." This is because, Icahn said, "companies are run like dictatorships." (Associated Press, "Dems Assail Bush's Corporate Plan," July 9, 2002)

That outburst was in the wake of Enron/Worldcom/Tyco.

-B.

Bryan Atinsky wrote:

"Carl is just an average guy trying to use the his free vote of 'shareholder democracy' to rid 'a company of a fruitless board.' Power to the people...power to Icahn!"