[lbo-talk] cleansing reality of its content

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 11:15:51 PDT 2008

Joanna wrote:

...the theoretical foundations of this position were nicely laid out by the post-modernists. Which is why nobody ever got denied tenure for being a postmodernist theorist.

I think you're onto something here.

But you're being too cautious. Why stop at blaming postmodern studies for giving lying liars their Toolkit of Untruth? (I wonder what prevaricators did before pomo rushed to their rescue?)

Surely we can hold this monster responsible for an even wider range of calamities such as: the Tunguska event, Tom Giotti's strike out with Jennifer Li last Saturday night (sorry Tom), the spoiled apple juice in the fridge and pretty much all of George Lucas' directorial output.

Like duct tape, the Blame Pomo Maneuver has too many uses to count!

.d.

-- "I have yet to meet someone who does not want a naked picture of their loved ones with text about themselves."

Dorrit Moussaieff

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/