[lbo-talk] religion in the US

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 03:50:13 PDT 2008

I don't have any ideas about US religiosity other than the obvious ones (heavy Puritan background, etc.). However I will note that strident anti-religionism also seems to be a largely American and Anglo phenomenon (such as Dawkins and Hitchens, who think they are clever and and stand for Universal Values but are actually just provincial hicks). Probably a reaction.

(I think a lot of bleating about Universal Values is really the voice of provincial hickdom, horrified and outraged that people anywhere believe other than as they do.)