[lbo-talk] sprinting rightwards

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Sat Jun 28 19:18:30 PDT 2008

>In the U.S., it's not really practicing politics. Nonvoters are
>generally poorly informed. Of course there are people like you and
>Chuck0 for whom nonvoting is something of a positive statement, but
>that's not true of most.

Is there some sort of consciousness test we can institute here -- sort of like an anti-poll tax -- that can help determine whether someone is a legitimate nonvoter?

Really, what does the informedness of nonvoters have to do with anything? Leaving aside the circularity of informedness -- why is it essential to know trivia about the judicial branch when you are rejecting it? -- what people know or even their reasons for doing what they do is in the end meaningless. Not voting is not voting if you are an anarchist or not.