[lbo-talk] sprinting rightward

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Jun 29 02:44:00 PDT 2008

At 08:38 PM 6/28/2008, turbulo at aol.com wrote:
>"I serve as a blank screen on which
>people of vastly different political stripes project their own views."

LOL

Obama is really Zizek, I'm tellin' ya.

Here's the full quote, for Doug. Man, this Obama character is such an earnest thing innit he? nice boy to bring home to mama and papa yes indeedy:

"Undoubtedly, some of these views will get me in trouble, I am new enough on the national political screen that I serve as a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripe project their own views. As such I am bound to disappoint some, if not all of them. Which perhaps indicates a second, more intimate theme to this book - namely how I or anybody else in public office, can avoid the pitfalls of fame, the hunger to please, the fear of loss, and thereby retain that kernel of truth, that singular voice within each of us that reminds us of our deepest commitments. "