[lbo-talk] crazy saturday morning

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jun 29 06:26:11 PDT 2008

On Jun 29, 2008, at 6:38 AM, Julio Huato wrote:

> Chuck Grimes wrote:
>
>> Rule #1024: never get up early Saturday morning vowing to `do
>> something' about the computer system.
>
> Somebody should tell Paul Krugman to join lbo-talk and heed Chuck's
> advice:
>
> http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/28/verizon-the-destroyer/

Verizon sucks. My office DSL was flaky for a couple of years - kept dropping out. Verizon tech support kept telling me to check the cable, restart the modem, etc. etc. It kept getting worse. Every time I called, I'd have to go through the same excruciating routine just to get to talk with an idiot. They dispatched several techs who were stumped. Finally, after about two years, one persistent guy figured it out - there was a crossed wire. WHenever the neighbor's phone rang, it knocked me offline. It only took years to find that out.

Doug