[lbo-talk] crazy saturday morning

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Jun 29 11:09:09 PDT 2008

>> Somebody should tell Paul Krugman to join lbo-talk and heed Chuck's
>> advice:
>>
>> http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/28/verizon-the-destroyer/
>

> Verizon sucks. My office DSL was flaky for a couple of years - kept
> dropping out. .... Doug

I forgot the corollary.

Theorm #2048: Only work on your computer system at night after at least two martinis.

As you can tell from the header, I finally reverted to XP which I got up with the video card I had in the drawer for a year. Maybe next Friday night I'll try putting Ubunto on the other currently dormant disk drive...

I got off brand name internet services long ago for exactly the same reasons, flaky service and no tech support. I got caught out when North Point crashed and burned. They were a big commercial provider that I think Earthlink used, here and NP went belly up about ten years ago. I switched to a local company that used to be in Berkeley and has since moved to San Bruno.

CG