[lbo-talk] econ policy, HRC vs BHO

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Sat Mar 1 07:26:49 PST 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2008, at 1:09 AM, Max B. Sawicky wrote:
>

> How about Goolsbee telling the Canadian gov that all that NAFTA talk
> is just election year bullshit, eh?
> Doug

That's been debunked.

I think you might agree that it will take a lot more than labor/green clauses -- which I support -- in trade agreements to help manufacturing workers in the U.S. So even if BHO folded on NAFTA, as HRC surely will, it wouldn't make that much of a difference. More to the point would be thinking about what sort of renegotiation would help Mexico.