[lbo-talk] Chavez: slow down

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 07:30:01 PST 2008

wrobert wrote:

>I think that these conversations become somewhat problematic
>when the conversation operates on an assumption of
>equivalence... ETC ETC ETC

john_gulick writes:

Whatever one's political disagreements, THIS qualifies as an historically grounded and thoughtful disquisition from which a genuine debate can spring. It is amazing what one learned observation on the sordid past of Chiapas province, stripped of all Western anarcho fantasies and flipside- of-the-coin Marxist critiques, can accomplish... thank you!

PS As an aside, LBO-Talk as well as other putatively left-wing mail lists are sorely lacking in positive reinforcement (sorry for the use of hack pysch term) whenever somebody makes a sincere and resource-consuming effort to add to the collective discusssion, rather than to egocentrically pontificate on a soapbox. To be fair, it does occur once in a while, but to post "Thanks, that's more or less what I wanted to say, but in more thorough and well-informed fashion... what a relief for you to generously and unknowingly proxy on my behalf" could sure happen a lot more often, and would encourage others to post meaty contributions that go beyond humorous but ultimately fleeting zingers (not that the latter don't have their place)...

Akita-ken, Tohoku, JP

"visions of Fast and Furious III street legal culture are distressingly true amongst alienated upper middle-income youth in the Japanese outback"

_________________________________________________________________ Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008