[lbo-talk] Nader's typewriter

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Mar 2 08:01:59 PST 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Mar 2, 2008, at 9:07 AM, Dennis Perrin wrote:
>
>> the former abolitionist mag
>
> In the late 19th/early 20th century, The Nation was the house organ
> for the rising urban bourgeosie. Its editor, E.L. Godkin, was one of
> the leaders of a movement to restrict the right to vote in New York
> state to property owners. So it could be worse.

On a more positive note, after a Democrat gets elected POTUS, the Nation will probably suffer a large decrease in their circulation base. This is bound to happen as it switches roles from being a prominent anti-Bush magazine to something that more or less supports the Democratic administration. Perhaps the circulation drop will prompt the Nation to get more interesting. I doubt it.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming decline in anti-Bush liberal and progressive media. It's about time that much of that garbage is taken out permanently. This will also probably cut off oxygen to the anti-Bush conspiracy movements like the 9/11 truthers. Another positive development to look forward to.

Chuck