[lbo-talk] Cockburn on WFB

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 19:41:10 PST 2008

MK wrote:

> When I first came to America in 1972 I was astonished to find that
> the conservative cold warrior William Buckley had a television
> channel paid for out of public funds and reserved for his exclusive
> use. This was PBS, which alternated Buckley's show with "Wall St
> Week". In an effort at balance PBS offered the left's point of view
> in Sesame Street.
Yup. When he's good, he's really good.

Thanks also for the Vidal piece.

I didn't read most of the WFB posts because the guy was such a vile turd. I guess he assigned himself the role of front man in providing an intellectual veneer to U.S. imperialism and racism, and he succeeded. What more is there to say....except perhaps to point out the bankruptcy of a system that had to rely on the likes of him...and Strauss....and Coulter....

Joanna