[lbo-talk] Obama the devious & slippery opportunist

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Tue Mar 4 06:32:41 PST 2008

>To be fair, Julio has presented a well constructed case. I disagree with him but have zero difficulty understanding his POV because it's so clearly stated: Obama's campaign has raised expectations and created excitement. These are good things; something progressive will hopefully come of it.
>
>Max, on the other hand, has been a bit cagier. His contributions have gone a little something like this:

See my post re: the Nomi Prins article in MoJo. And as a matter of fact, the choice IS between BHO and HRC, so comparisons are in order. I have said that on paper there is not a ton of difference. From the standpoint of behavior, however, with WJC/HRC we have a rich record of betrayal. BHO at least deserves a chance to betray us. My article will be on the web in a week, I hope. It was rejected at the first place I submitted it, whose initials are 'TNR.'

In any case, "hack" is a little strong. Nobody's paying me to share my infinite wisdom with you all.