[lbo-talk] Obama the devious & slippery opportunist

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Mar 4 08:37:15 PST 2008

The older I get, the less cool I think it is to be alieanted. But, really, some things deserve at least a little distance. Someone wrote

me offlist yesterday saying "You really hate Obama, don't you?" I don't hate him. But he's just a Democrat, not some quasi- revolutionary semi-Messiah. It's the intensity of the delusions surrounding him that surround him that drive me crazy. He's not going

to dismantle the American empire, or move the gini index more than a few tenths of a basis point, if that.

Doug

^^^^ CB: How about creating a new national climate of racial and ethnic unity ?