[lbo-talk] The State and Capitalism

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Mar 4 09:37:32 PST 2008

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> This sounds like something from the late 20th century, when it was
> common to leave out the part about government development of the internet.

I'm well aware of the government's role in developing the Internet.

My point is still an important one. There are many anarchistic aspects to the Internet, ranging from the international cooperation involved in setting up networks and standards to the free/open source software used to run much of the Internet. Stuff like Linux and Apache.

I'm not treading new ground here, just pointing out the obvious.

Chuck