[lbo-talk] The State and Capitalism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 4 11:21:02 PST 2008

On Mar 4, 2008, at 2:10 PM, Chuck wrote:

> Hmmm. I don't recall saying *anything* about how things are run
> *inside*
> contemporary post offices. I was pointing out the cooperation that
> exists between international postal agencies, which isn't
> controlled by
> some global government.

Capitalist firms cooperate too. GM buys parts from vendors. Wal-Mart buys goods from suppliers. Construction projects are managed by general contractors and a host of subcontractors. There's often a hierarchy, with GM and Wal-Mart more powerful than the suppliers, and the general contractor is more powerful than the plumber, but there's no government involved in those relations. And it's everyday capitalism.

Doug