[lbo-talk] Ho Chi Minh City attaches importance to economic ties with US

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 00:53:28 PST 2008

All of this is very interesting .... the set of all sets who are not members of themselves and all that ...

But Doug!

I always thought that this "uvj" stuff was a clipping service that _you_ (you, Doug, you!) subscribed to for all of us!

I am not kidding. I had no idea that "UVJ" was his own clipping service and that he has been on some insane mission to educate us all. So when I set my email filter to send UVJ straight to trash I felt guilty, as if I couldn't understand some aspect of an education that was supposed to be "good" for me. (Just like I felt guilty when I was preparing for my first confession & communion and began to think that the Catholic Church, and probably God also, were a really stupid ideas.)

Seriously, I am really embarrassed to admit this, but I thought UVJ was something that you inflicted on us all!

Sorry, this just shows some of my own usual inability to understand anything at all....

I am now demanding that UVJ stop! Please stop!

Instead of sending us the clippings, _send us the links_! Don't send the whole clipping UVJ! Send the links _all in one email_ and do some real thinking from now on. Comment on the damn clipping and tell us what you think about it.

Jerry