[lbo-talk] Obama the devious & slippery opportunist

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 5 10:10:20 PST 2008

On Mar 5, 2008, at 12:55 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

> As I put it in my post today:
>
> "Of the three major channels, MSNBC has to be the worst. Chris
> Matthews,
> Keith Olbermann and Tim Russert taken all at once is too much for
> the sober
> mind to process, their pale, sagging faces morphing into a single
> yammering
> unit. Toss in Stepford Anchor Norah O'Donnell and the mummified
> remains of
> Tom Brokaw, and who needs hallucinogens? Granted, MSNBC is bad
> acid, cut
> with the cheapest crank, but you'll experience insane images and
> sounds not
> found at its competitors, especially Fox News, which looks like
> something
> they pipe into solitary cells in federal prisons."
>
> But it could be the drugs.

Fox looks like something they pipe into solitary cells? If so, that's the best thing I ever heard about those isolation tanks! Really, do people who hammer Fox ever watch the thing? I found last night's coverage smart, informative, and entertaining. I'd much rather listen to a rightwing jackass like Kristol than a centrist jackass like Volf Bleetzer.