[lbo-talk] Remarkably small delegate gain for Clinton

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Mar 6 03:57:24 PST 2008

At 04:01 AM 3/6/2008, Michael Pollak wrote:

>[Obama gained more delegates in Texas than Clinton? That is one weird
>system.]
>
>http://www.samefacts.com/archives/campaign_2008_/2008/03/the_delegate_co
>unt.php
>
>According to the Obama website, the delegate count for yesterday was:
>
>Clinton 187
>Obama 183
>
>[The details, as best I can make them out: Clinton gains 8 in Ohio, 4 in
>Rhode Island, 2 in the Texas primary. Obama gains 7 in the Texas
>caucuses, 3 in Vermont.]
>
>A net pickup of four delegates on what was supposed to be Clinton's
>"firewall" day? Not very impressive. On current form, Obama will more
>than make up for that in Mississippi alone. It means that the percentage
>of the remaining delegates Clinton needs to take just went up, not down.
>
><end excerpt>

I vaguely recall hearing (not reading! :) that this was b/c of the way TX doles out delegates, with cities where Teflobama is strong having more delegates than suburban/rural/exurban areas. Does anyone know of an article on this?

What I find fascinating is the venom directed at Clinton by Teflobamanians. They think she should just lay down and die so that Teflobama can take his place as nominee. It's like they don't understand that this is an actual, you know, contest where candidates duke it out and stuph. I'd given up on FAUX Snooze way back when their pornographic coverage drove me a little more than batty. (It's so breathless and hyped up; hence, porny.) So I've been watching again under Doug's influence. O'rilly was on about HuffPo and all the snarly comments about Clinton.

Is it just me or does it feel like O'rilly was totally laffing at the ridiculousness of that segment. Like he doesn't believe it but is saying it b/c it's good for ratings: Lefties (ahem) are horrible, horrible haters of poor defenseless rightwingers, veritable Nazis in their hate propaganda. As a consequence, they are so fundamentally evil they are Nazi-like when it comes to attacking even other lefties. Because rightwingers are not nasty haters at all. And Teflobama and Clinton and HuffPo and its readers are, of course, leftwingers.

Anyway, looks like the fight's going to come down to Florida and Michigan. ha ha.