[lbo-talk] The State and Capitalism

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Mar 6 07:13:55 PST 2008

> At the moment I have heaps of apples on my trees

Not me. I don't have any trees. But we live in very different places.

I'm drinking a lovely glass of California cabernet sauvignon right now. I don't have any vines either.

Doug

^^^^^ CB: This hints at the issue of the division of labor. Communism will still have a division of labor, so there will still be exchange.

The division of labor creates organic solidarity in the Durkheimian sense ;The solidarity of complementary groups and unity of different peoples based on specialization.

In communism, the aim is to sublate commodity exchange, "extract" the silver lining of commodity exchange. Even going back to precapitalist trade, that rational kernel or silverlining has been to create greater socialization of the human race, wider interconnection of peoples. and potentially beneficent exchange purged of exploitation ( including making a killing in all senses on the market).

So, for internationalism in exchange sans exploitation!