[lbo-talk] Remarkably small delegate gain for Clinton

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 6 08:53:39 PST 2008

On Mar 6, 2008, at 11:35 AM, Michael Pollak wrote:

> And just out of curiosity on the Fox point, do you remember them
> mentioning the fact that he'd won the caucus part of it with greater
> profit than she got by winning the primary part? Most commentators
> just
> said she won Texas, which actually doesn't seem be true by the
> scorecard
> of delegates.

The pop vote was perceived as important for the perception of momentum perception. And yes, they did point out that he was doing better in the caucuses - I'm guessing her old folks have a harder time with the process than O's nubile youth.

By the way, it's also not just a simple caucus vote. The caucuses chose a set of representatives to another event. And there might have been another layer even. My memory's dim; it was late, and the wine bottle was getting low.

Doug