[lbo-talk] So no one knows of a good, credible book that exlains specific corporate collaborations w/ Nazism, huh?

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 11:44:34 PST 2008

Charles Higham's Trading With The Enemy

I like this (relatively "nonscholarly" but substantially accurate book. Excerpts:

http://libcom.org/library/allied-multinationals-supply-nazi-germany-world-war-2

IBM and the Holocaust, Edwin Black The Collapse of the Weimar Republic, David Abraham (controversial, Abraham got run out of the history biz by Henry Ashton Turner, right wing author of German Big Business and the Rise of Hitler, still nonetheless important reading) Peter Hayes, Industry and Ideology: IG Farben in the Nazi Era The Arms of Krupp: The Rise and Fall of the Industrial Dynasty that Armed Germany at War, William Manchester The Coca Cola Company under the Nazis, Eleanor Jones and Florian Ritzmann The Sovereign State of ITT, Antony Sampson

I don't know a good single book study on the extensive relations of Stanard Oil and its successors to the Nazis, but these were shocking: Esso tankers filling U-Boats at the Canaries to carry out attacks on Allied shipping in the Atlantic, collaboration with IG Farben in making synthetic fuel for the blitzkrieg.

Ford and GM built a lot of the Nazi arsenal and logistic insfrastructure -- and after the war asked for and received compensation for damage caused by Allied bombing to their German subsidaries!

Here is a union mag article giving some leads on dealings between GM, Ford, GE, and the Nazis, including Krupp

http://www.ranknfile-ue.org/uen_nastybiz.html

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/07/from-nazi-collaborat.html