[lbo-talk] re the FARC computer

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:45:45 PST 2008

I'm reading some Mexican papers now and this is not entirely clear, but apparently at least some of the "guerrilla fighters" killed in the bombing and invasion of northern Ecuador by the Colombian armed forces weren't guerrilla fighters at all, but a group of Mexican students and teachers. Most likely, they have political sympathy (and perhaps even do solidarity work in favor of the FARC in Mexico), but there seems to be evidence that they were engaged in some sort of academic work, they made contact with the FARC and were interviewing Reyes because they wanted to write papers and stuff on the "oldest, still persisting guerrilla group in Latin America." Apparently, they were not armed. "He, he... Heck of job, Uribe!" (That was my best impersonation of George W.)