[lbo-talk] Magazine/Journal "Guest Editorship" in the 1960s?

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu Mar 6 13:14:33 PST 2008

A new book entitled "The Mighty Wurlitzer: How the CIA Played America" has a chapter on cooptation/manipulation/recruitment of African-American intellectuals and artists. Period covered is WWII to about 1970 (when a lot of arrangements were blown). Also chapters on labor, academics, journalists, Catholics, & women.