[lbo-talk] what chutzpah

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Mar 6 17:42:19 PST 2008

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, Doug Henwood quoted the Note saying:

> For Clinton, it's not a direct path, but she sees daylight. "[Clinton]
> advisers sketched out a new scenario for overcoming Obama's delegate
> lead: a Clinton win in the Pennsylvania Democratic primary in April and
> then persuading the more than 300 uncommitted superdelegates who are
> poised to decide the race that she would be the stronger
> general-election nominee," Dan Balz and Shailagh Murray write in The
> Washington Post. "Clinton's team has assigned 20 staffers to focus
> exclusively on the superdelegates, one official said."

Well if that's really what's she's planning, that's the best reason yet for people to ask her to drop out. That'd be the Samson solution to her problems. She'd bring the house down on everybody's head. It makes perfect sense for people in there to yell at her not to.

Of course for people who hate the Democratic party, that could be the happiest day of your lives :o) I can't think of anything the Dems could do that would more thoroughly delegitimate themselves. Ralph and the Greens might really make out big time :o)

Michael