[lbo-talk] what chutzpah

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu Mar 6 19:27:09 PST 2008

John Thornton wrote:
> Max B. Sawicky wrote:
>> The party made the rules. The candidates agreed to them.
>> It's not a question of democracy. It's a question of cheating,
>> within your own party.
>
> So if Hillary pulls off the nomination via the superdelegates it won't
> be skulduggery as you wrote earlier since Obama knew those rules going
> in, right?

By the rules, the superdelegates vote for whomever they want, for any reason. I never said otherwise.

>> FL and Mich dealt themselves out of
>> the game, now HRC is demanding their bogus results be included.
>> That's cheating. If it works, it could easily cost her
>> the election, but she'd rather have a lousy chance to win than
>> BHO having a decent chance.
>
> This is just standard US politics.

It's true, it's not unprecedented. George Meany and co. did the same thing to McGovern, when there were actually big differences at stake. There is no such difference between BHO and HRC, as everyone here keeps saying.

> You actually believe if the shoe were on the other foot Obama wouldn't
> be trying to include FL and Mich?

Who knows. You don't.