[lbo-talk] direct marketing

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Mar 7 01:20:23 PST 2008

At 12:11 AM 3/7/2008, Mr. WD wrote:
>Almost every major grocery store chain offers its customers a little
>card that goes on your keychain and can be swiped along with your
>groceries to get any discounts the store might be offering.

>Still, it seems futile to dump the little keychain card, as this will
>only result in me being asked if I want to sign up for one every time
>I want to buy groceries.
>
>-WD

fill it out with false information. they don't check it as far as i know. sometimes, the stores leave the cards laying about on a promotion table or on the counter. grab one then and don't fill out the app. but yes, i agree that it can be used for insurance companies. and, for a long time, i've been getting the promotional coupons printed out after a purchase. you get them whether you use the card or not though. it's based on what you purchased and doesn't matter whether you use a swipe card or not. the chain we frequent now doesn't use the cards. i get the coupons all the time anyway.

also, sounds crazy, but the lousy 200 a year is a lot for some folks.