[lbo-talk] Jann Wenner luvs BHO

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 8 11:53:13 PST 2008

[from Mike Allen's Politico Playbook]

WOW: The cover of the new Rolling Stone looks like a photo. But it's an ILLUSTRATION of Senator Obama, appearing to step out of white clouds and blue sky.

'BARACK OBAMA: A New Hope. EXCLUSIVE: Inside his people-powered revolution. ENDORSEMENT: The candidate and the call of history. HILLARY'S LAST STAND. THE BLACK CROWES: Back, better and still brawling."

Oh, I guess we can stop there ...

From Jann Wenner's endorsement, best read with classical music in the background: "The similarities between John Kennedy and Barack Obama come to mind easily: the youth, the magnetism, the natural grace, the eloquence, the wit, the intelligence, the hope of a new generation. But it might be more to the point to view Obama as Lincolnesque in his own origins, his sobriety and what history now demands.

"We have a deeply divided nation ... . A new president must heal these divides ... . Like Abraham Lincoln, Barack Obama challenges America to rise up, to do what so many of us long to do: to summon 'the better angels of our nature.' "

Get a room!