[lbo-talk] on shitholes and spending money without burning a hole in my gut

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Mar 9 19:37:53 PDT 2008

<snipped>

another thing I'm noticing and wondering about: is it just me, or is every fastfood joint just a shithole of nastiness anymore? i never went to fastfood joints much. there just wasn't a budget for it. when sonshine worked at baco tell ™, i want inside every so often. but i don't remember feeling it was totally skeevy. maybe it was and that's what i was used to?

but seriously: every fast food joint i've gone in, the walmarts, the kmarts, etc. they are just filthy and disgusting: stuff falling apart, old and crumbling, paint scratched, dirty. I was walking through walmart, making a beeline for the exit because we didn't find what we wanted, and i noticed how freaking filthy everything was. ugh ugh ugh. filthy.

is it just me? have fastfood joints just shot out any pretense to cleanliness, leaving the places to become dives with chipped paint, scratched wooden table, floors that looks as if someone slopped a dirty mop across them? or am i just becoming used to nice surroundings and noticing shitholes that always were shitholes?

http://cleandraws.com/2008/03/09/on-shitholes-and-spending-money-without-burning-a-hole-in-my-gut/