[lbo-talk] stuff white people like

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 12:20:20 PDT 2008

Well, that one, thank God (?), is one I don't watch. I thought *not* watching TV was also one of the things that white people like, on that blog! There are many items on that site, where guiltily, I fit the bill, so I rejoice when I find several where I don't.

Also, as me another member discussed offlist, it really is -- as one commenter noted -- stuff white yuppies like. Where are the potato chip and mayonaisse sandwiches? The chili and fritos? The Piggly Wiggly and Stuckey's peanut brittle? The stuff poked fun of on King of the Hill, the Blue Collard Comedy Tour demographic? This is "coastal utopia" white-dom, on that blog, and not the white culture portrayed by such things as this:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/architecture/redneck.asp

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/

For the past three years, whenever you say “The Wire” white people are required to respond by saying “it’s the best show on television.” Try it the next time you see a white person! Though now they might say “it WAS the best show on television.”