[lbo-talk] Schadenfreude

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 11 07:02:49 PDT 2008

Damn, Spitzer's a prick, but why is any of this a political scandal? How many men would be left in Congress if all those who'd seen prostitutes had to resign?

Just saw Ken Langone, the Home Depot founder whom Spitzer harassed over Dick Grasso's pay package at the NYSE. Langone said that considering how many reputations Spitzer had besmirched, he couldn't be happier to see him in trouble now. "We all have our private hells," Langone said. "I hope his is hotter than most."