[lbo-talk] Things are tough all over ...

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:01:21 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:
> http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/JC12Dj02.html
>
> The severity of its liquidity problems indicates that the unfolding
> financial crisis is taking major parts of the US financial and political
> elite down with it. Carlyle Capital Corp Ltd, a subsidiary of one of the
> most influential US private equity funds and closely tied to the Bush
> family, is in default on several of its securities.

I wonder if this will hurt their new investments...

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=14963

Carlyle Group May Buy Major CIA Contractor: Booz Allen Hamilton by Tim Shorrock, Special to CorpWatch March 8th, 2008

The Carlyle Group, one of the world's largest private equity funds, may soon acquire the $2 billion government contracting business of consulting giant Booz Allen Hamilton, one of the biggest suppliers of technology and personnel to the U.S. government's spy agencies. Carlyle manages more than $75 billion in assets and has bought and sold a long string of military contractors since the early 1990s. But in recent years it has significantly reduced its investments in that industry. If it goes ahead with the widely reported plan to buy Booz Allen, it will re-emerge as the owner of one of America's largest private intelligence armies.