[lbo-talk] The State and Capitalism

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Tue Mar 11 15:37:19 PDT 2008

John Thornton wrote:
> How would one theorize a moneyless society that was not in the mold of
> anarcho-primitivism and would not be more exploitative than capitalism?
> If no one can propose any seriously plausible theory about how such a
> society would be structured then imaging oneself working towards that
> goal is literally insane.
>
> John Thornton

I have faith that other people, living under different social conditions, will be much more creative and flexible than you and I will ever be. In my view, our inability to "theorize a moneyless society" is a result of our own enculturation into a capitalist society; thus it's not a coherent argument against the possibility of a moneyless society.

Miles