[lbo-talk] The State and Capitalism

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Tue Mar 11 20:28:21 PDT 2008

At 8:01 PM -0400 11/3/08, Doug Henwood wrote:

> > You have to imagine an economy that isn't based on markets and
>> trading, where goods and services are produced freely, because people
>> need them and used freely.
>
>I'm not sure that someone who hasn't had a job in 30 years is the
>best source on this. Your fellows, who work the jobs that finance
>your dole check, might have a different POV.

On the contrary, one such is your ideal choice. Not being part of your world I can see it from the outside, where you can't see the wood for the trees. Also, although I haven't had a PAID job for decades, I have continuously had unpaid work. So I can vouch for the fact that the incentive to work is not dependant on having a master.

And the people who finance my dole cheque are the capitalist class, who pay all taxes, as I have repeatedly told you. I do wish you would pay attention in class Henwood. ;-)

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas